Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hopefully, Human Again

A couple of weeks ago I visited the clinic to get my depression medicine refilled. Usually I just go in, answer a couple of questions then leave with the prescription. But there's a new doctor, and this visit was quite different. She had me fill out a questionnaire about my depression, and she gave me a thyroid test. The quiz revealed what I already knew - my depression medicine wasn't working. As for the test, it seems something called TSH is high, which means my thyroid is underachieving.

Now each day I'm taking two depression pills instead of one plus a thyroid pill. My depression has already eased up a little. It may take a couple of weeks, but hopefully my depression will improve and I'll stop being deathly tired all the time. I'm a little skeptical because it seems too good to be true. If it happens I may be updating this blog a lot more often. All I can do is pray and wait. I'm not particularly good at either one, so any help would be very appreciated.

No comments: